Monday 4 January 2016

A New Year, 2016

Well ladies, here we are at the beginning of a new year and doesn't one wonder what lies ahead!

I said to the man that stood at the gate of the year,
"Give me light that I may tread safely into the unknown"
And he replied, "Go into the darkness and put your hand into the hand of God,
That shall be to you better than light and safer than a known way."
                             
                                                             Minnie Louise Haskins - 1908

How true that is and I just had to share with you all.

I do trust the holiday season is treating you all well and that you are all having a relaxing holiday. We had a lovely time with two of our families, firstly at the farm and then at Wanaka. What a joy they all are to be with - very busy but oh so happy and we do thank them so much for looking after the OLDS and for giving us such a great time. How we love each and every one of them.

Before Christmas, Liz at Artfull Crafts, gave me a couple of collections, from Kaisercraft, to play with. These are November ranges, Provincial ( which I am showcasing today ) and Sail Away. I have really enjoyed working with Provincial, the colour pallet is lovely. Maybe, on the Artfull Crafts blog, in the near future, I will share the ones I have done with Sail Away. I still have to photograph them.





This is a 5 1/4" square card and I have used the Circle Vines Die, DD547 to cut out the circle. It is one of their just released dies which I rather like. Clocks are part of the collection, so that is a Collectable clock in the centre. the butterfly also being a collectable.





What would I do without my Cherry Lyn Step Card die!! B348. Don't you love these papers? A bit of muslin, a sprayed Kaisercraft flower and the lovely tatting at the base of the card was made for me by a dear elderly lady. Thanks so much Noeline. It really does suit this card.

Thanks for stopping by ladies, happy day whatever you are doing and may you all know God's blessing as we have stepped into this New Year.

Betsy  xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment