Sunday 13 November 2011

A great weekend

Whew!! What a great weekend was had by all. It has been very busy altogether but we have enjoyed it. The weather didn't perform as it should have, there was plenty of mud underfoot, but at least it did not keep raining. This afternoon it  has been back to it's usual - lovely and warm.I'm looking forward to a few days off, just to catch my breath.  Think I'm getting a bit old for all this excitement. It's really not that far 'til we will have to be getting into Christmas mode!
I have decided to put up the three quillts I had displayed in the exhibition. Hope you enjoy.


I made this quilt for my youngest little grandson, Harvey. His bedroom is all done out as a pirate ship so it does rather suit the theme. The favourite fabric in it is the one with the flames, so he says. He is a delightful four, but tells me he is no longer four but four and three quarters, thank you Nanna!!



This second one was made for my lovely daughter-in-law and of course my son. It does look amazing in their bedroom as I have tried to co-ordinate the colours to match the wallpapers and drapes.They have a new house on the farm so I hope they enjoy it. I have made one for the three kids so I think Michelle was feeling a bit neglected, not having one on her bed. She's up with the play now!



I fell in love with this pattern some time back and just had to make it for, guess who! Me!! Mind you ,I haven't a clue where I'm going to hang it. There is certainly no wall space in our little house, I tell everyone it will hang in the garage along with the other ones I have done- they usually look at me rather funny!! But I do have a very nice garage! Anyway, it is a wallhanging designed be the famous McKenna Ryan, all patchworkers will know who I am referring to. It really was fun to do, although it took me some time. Maybe Betty, at our patchwork shop here in Geraldine, will rescue it, as she has done with another two of my quilts.

For some reason, unbeknown to me, the wrong date comes up on the top of the blog. It is actually Sunday evening and I do feel it is my bedtime. Will have to get Graham and Liz to come out and give me some more computer tutition - don't know what I would do without them. Anyway, feel it's a minor complication when taken overall.

Have a great week, with special blessings to you all,

Betsy. xx

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Gorgeous quilts! Came here to look at your cards... what a lovely surprise!

    ReplyDelete